Thursday, December 15, 2005

Getting Ready for the Holidays

The holidays are just around the corner and it's time to get ready. On Saturday, Barry, Leo and I went and picked out our tree - Leo made the final decision. It's beautiful, so sorry I don't have a photo of it. I will add that later.
We were then invited over to my cousin Lisa's house for cookie making and ornament making with all of the boys on Sunday. Now, for those of you that don't know, I'm an only child. My cousins, Tina & Lisa, are like my sisters. We grew up together, spending every weekend together until we all went to middle or high school. But now we all have our own babies and want them to grow up together as well. Of course, they each had boys, Lisa had two and Tina had three. So naturally they were all expecting Barry and I to have the girl. Well, Leo had other plans.
Leo and I went to Lisa's and had a ball. Granted he's not big enough to make cookies or ornaments. But he had so much fun watching his big cousins and listening to their festive sounds. It's so exciting to see their relationships building. Of course the other boys see each other regularly so they're already good friends and cousins. But I love seeing them with Leo. The two oldest were arguing over who got to play with Leo. "He likes me best" they were taunting each other. Leo was laying on his back talking and howlin' out (like the other boys, just not comprehendible). Then either Kyle or Gage would get on all fours and talk to Leo and play with him. It was just amazing to see. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it. I love my family. I love the holidays.
Finally, though the pictures are not in order, we had all of the boys pose for a group shot. His big cousin Kenny held him for the photo. I think that made him proud to be the "big cousin". Well we had a great time. Christmas is just around the corner. Leo will get to spend more time with his cousins Kyle, Kenny, Christopher, Gage and Chase. He will also get to spend time with his other cousins - Kerianna, Aidan, and Cullen. We just can't wait. Happy Holidays!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry & Tiff,
Love this update...pictures are great and this web site is an absolute treasure. Thanks for your time and effort. XO "Connie-Mom"/Gramma Connie

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home