He Crawled!!! Forward this time!!!
Granted Leo was born in the summer, but he's most familiar with the chilliness of fall and winter. Anyhow, tonight I wanted him to play around in his birthday suit (with a diaper, of course) since he's always wearing clothes with feet to keep him warm. We played in his room, it has carpeting (unlike the rest of the house). Well, he was playing around and took his first crawls forward! I had his pajamas on the floor that I was intending to put him in after we played. Maybe he was cold, but all I know is he crawled straight toward his pjs. So exciting. I called for Barry to come up and he did it some more. He hasn't mastered the skill, but I bet by the end of the week he'll be moving all over. I guess we have our work cut out for us this weekend, BABY-PROOFING the house.
Yeah! So much so fast. I can't believe it. I mean it was Christmas time when he sat up for the first time (for any length of time). Then just 2 weeks later, he was crawling backwards. Then within a day or two of that, he started crawling backwards, tucking his legs under his tummy, and pushing himself up to a sitting position (all by himself)! And then within another day or two, he was standing on all fours (which I posted a pic of). Now crawling forward. Plus he's been able to hold himself up to a standing position if he has something to hold on to. He never seizes to amaze us.


2 Comments:
Way to go Leo! That's great! Kristoffer had a lot of milestones during the 2 weeks we were in the US. He sat up from a laying down position, crawled and stood on his own all for the first time so my parents could see him! Isn't it amazing when they start doing these things?!?! Yep, by the end of the week I bet he's crawling all over the place!
Grandma and Grandpa W are thrilled with the news! Grandma W even got a bit teary-eyed. Uncle Al predicted that L.D. would start crawling forward by today! Now it will be no time before Skeezix goes out and gets him a basketball goal and the scrimmaging begins.
Post a Comment
<< Home